Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Prequalified Enumerators – Baidoa, Somalia
Prequalified Enumerators (Baidoa)
Be the First to Apply
NOTE: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC in Somalia
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
Role and responsibilities
- Provides data entry services through the use of digital mobile data collection systems.
- Ensures the confidentiality of collected data and data storage is maintained.
- Attend training and briefing organized by M&E prior to the data collection.
- Conduct household surveys, key informant interviews and focus group discussions as instructed by M&E or the project focal person
- Collect and accurately record all required data using the data collection tools provided by NRC
- High school degree. University degree is added advantage
- Good community mobilization skills, and ability to resolve individual and group conflicts.
- Excellent English language proficiency ability to understand different Somali dialects.
- Experience in data collection and digital data collection tools (like ONA, ODK, KoboToolBox, etc.) Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with very limited supervision.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications is required
- Prospective candidates must have strong interpersonal skills as well as good qualitative and quantitative skills.
Duty station: Baidoa.
Travel: Enumerators might be asked to travel to field locations when engaged.
Duration and type of contract: short term contracts that are need based.
Key Information – Please Take Note When Applying
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- Job Identification 12504
- Job Category Monitoring and Evaluation
- Posting Date 10/02/2023, 02:14 PM
- Apply Before 10/11/2023, 02:13 PM
- Degree Level High School Graduate
- Job Schedule Part time
- Locations South & Central
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.