Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Prequalified Enumerators, Puntland, Somalia at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Prequalified Enumerators – Puntland, Somalia
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) implements programs that require consistent monitoring, assessment, and evaluation. Enumerators play a crucial role in conducting assessments and data collection for these projects. NRC Puntland Area Office is seeking enumerators to support program assessments, data collection, and data entry in Mudug (Galkacyo & Galdogob), Nugal (Garowe & Burtinle), Bari (Bossaso), Karkar (Qardho) Sanaag (Badhan & Laasqorey) and Sool (Kalabayr).
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct baseline, midline, and endline surveys.
- Facilitate focus group discussions (FGDs) and key informant interviews (KIIs), gathering feedback from project stakeholders and reporting findings to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team.
- Collect data for post-distribution monitoring.
- Conduct household surveys and phone surveys when necessary.
- Utilize digital data gathering technology for data collection.
- Maintain anonymity of respondents and establish rapport and trust with households/ respondents.
- Report daily field issues, including technical matters to the M&E or Project staff.
- Ensure the collected data is of high quality.
- Interpret findings into a report(s) in English and share with the respective department.
- Young graduates with high skills in conducting community-level surveys.
- Experience in data collection and familiarity with survey methodologies.
- Proficiency in using digital data gathering technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with respondents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with the local context and understanding of the humanitarian sector is desirable.
Duration and type of contract: short-term contracts that are need based.
Key Information – Please Take Note When Applying
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a CV and cover letter through online.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection processes.
- Please indicate the position title and your location “e.g. Prequalified Enumerator – Galkacyo” in the subject line your application.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- Job Identification 12907
- Job Category Monitoring and Evaluation
- Posting Date 11/09/2023, 12:02 PM
- Apply Before 11/22/2023, 12:02 PM
- Degree Level High School Graduate
- Job Schedule Part time
- Locations Puntland
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.