Program Administrator – Dollow, Somalia.
Terms of references (TdR) for the position of Program Administrator.
|Duty station / Country||Dollow, Somalia.|
|Duration||6 months, with possibility of extension|
|Project title (se applicable)|
|Line Manager||Country Administrator|
|Salary range||According to COOPI salary grid for national staff and as per experience of the candidate|
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is an International Italian NGO established in 1965. Since its establishment, COOPI has been undertaking activities to help and empower the poor and needy in different countries.
COOPI in SOMALIA
COOPI has been active with its humanitarian and resilience programs in Somalia since 1984. COOPI has been implementing emergency and long-term resilience building projects including food security & livelihoods, water and sanitation and health, to improve the living conditions of thousands of vulnerable families.
COOPI has been providing response and supporting the most basic and pressing needs of communities in Southwest State, South Central, Banadir, Jubaland and Somaliland. COOPI has a long-standing presence in those locations providing both emergency humanitarian support and building resilient livelihoods through a multi-sectoral approach with specific focus on crisis affected populations. COOPI’s main operational and coordination offices are located in Mogadishu, Baidoa and Dollow. COOPI also has a support and coordination office in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
COOPI is seeking to hire qualified and experienced national staff in the sector of Program Administration.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Administrator, he/she will be responsible to ensure the correct accounting and administrative management of the projects implemented, and ensuring the archiving of the related documents.
Financial and Administration Management:
- Perform the expenses payment process after verification of the regularity of documents and compliance with the COOPI procedures.
- Assisting the Country Administrator in the preparation of annual audit, project audit and external capacity assessment
- Keep Programme accounts updated and maintaining proper filing of all assigned projects’ documents after posting.
- Monthly check of project and coordination documents according with the expenditures posted in the DESY (COOPI Project Accounting information system)
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Cash and Banks of the projects
- Preparation of budget amendments in liaison with the Project Manager
- Participate and assist in project budget planning and development
- Preparation of funds request list for submission to the Country Administrator in good time
- Ensure that funds are transferred to the field administrators in good time for payment of filed project expenses according to the cash request for the month as approved by direct project manager and in accordance to COOPI procurement procedures
- Working closely with Program manager to facilitate payment of salaries for Field staff whose salaries are charged to the project which the administrator is managing
- Ensure that all payments to consultants are effected in good time and follow the COOPI procurement procedures including payment of Withholding taxes.
- Supervision and monitoring of all the administrative aspects of the Programme in the field (contracts in the field for both staff and suppliers, request for quotations, preparation of purchase orders) in liaison with the Logistics Dept. and Programme Manager
- Preparation and follow up of projects’ audit from time to time as it falls due.
- Continuous budget monitoring (PREPPY)
- The Program Administrator will work closely with the Program manager and Field Administrators/District team leaders in Somalia.
- The Program Administrator will supervise one Program Assistant
- Assist in the supervision the stocks/inventory documentations of the project
- Assist in the follow up of procedures and requirements on field project agreements
- Assist field staff on any administrative issue and inform them about general staff policies
- Train project administrator assistants on DESY and other accounting/administrative procedures
- Preparation of project financial reports and annexes according to donor requirements
- Attending training concerning donor’s procedures as deemed necessary
- Ensure quality, transparency and efficiency in all aspects of the work
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of all documents and issues pertaining to the organization
- Perform additional jobs upon request
- Perform all duties to the best of her abilities, according to the labour contract, job description and staff regulations
- University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position in the Private or Governmental sectors or with a reputable International NGO.
- Provable knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping system, and of the use of accounting software.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer applications in Excel, Word, and any relevant system to finance and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Precise, focused, objective centered, reliable, able to accomplish duties in a proper and timely manner.
How to apply
Application Deadline: 24th November 2023
Duration of the contract: 6 months with possibility of extension
Duty starting date: ASAP
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through below https://forms.gle/ShxJsgHHd1czETPv7
Upload cover Letter & Updated Curriculum Vitae as one document.
NB: Only short-listed candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women and people with physical disability are highly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.