Government of Somaliland – MoF
Program Coordinator – Hargeisa, Somaliland
TERMS OF REFERENCE
ICPAS PROGRAM COORDINATOR CANDIDATE
1. POSITION DESCRIPTION: Program Coordinator
2. PURPOSE OF POSITION
Exciting opportunity for program coordinator to work for National professional Accountancy body, Institute of Certified Public Accountants for Somaliland’s(ICPAS),based in Hargeisa- Somaliland.
The Program coordinator has responsibility to design, implement and evaluate all ICPAS programs and manage the institutes affairs.The position holder will work to ensure thatICPAS fulfils its mandate and responsibility to general public, which is to promote excellence and transparency in the accounting profession.
3. REPORTS TO:
The Position Holder is directly responsible to the board of ICPAS
4. HOURS AND LOCATION
This is a fulltime position and is located atHargeisa
- Provide technical and managerial direction for the institute and its program/projects
- Review the institutions roadmap and develop 5 years Strategic plan in line with the Institute’s Missionand implement it accordingly
- Identify and cultivate new sources of funding partnerships for program/project.
- Write reports, grants and proposals for continued or new projects.
- Direct financial management of budgets, grants and contracts.
- Manage information technology needs of institute and its program/project.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to staff.
- Develop marketingstrategy and outreach planwhich are in-line with overall strategic plan
- Providing strategic direction on new investments, opportunities and change initiatives that will enable the Institute to achieve its mission
- Identifying the principal risks to the institute’s objectives and implementing appropriate systems to manage the risks
- Ensuring a daily follow-up of the activities of the Institute including action points provided in the Board of Directors meetings.
- Establishing and maintaining a sound internal control system for the institute
- Execute all work and action plan approved by the board
- Ensuring that all members of ICPAS staff execute their responsibilities and duties as prescribed.
- Leading the drafting and revising of all administrative procedural manuals including finance, HRM, procurement and operational manuals
- Issuing job regulations to employees of the institute and managing and appraising the employees of the Institute in accordance with the law, Board directives and ICPAS regulations
- Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance-driven culture
- Ensuring that effective communications and appropriate relationships are maintained with the members of the institute and other stakeholders
- Manage external relations and publicity forICPASand its programs/projects
- RepresentICPASand its programs/projects in relevant forums and meetings
- Preparing, executing and monitoring the budget of the Institute
- Presenting quarterly management reports and accounts to the Board
- Oversee execution of management and financial accounting roles and ensure ICT is leveraged in support of operational effectiveness
- Personal specification, qualification and experience
6.1. Personal specification:
- Proactive, focused attitude towards teamwork and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Initiative and enthusiasm with an ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
- Highly committed, ambitious, self-motivated with can do attitude
- Good knowledge of accountancy professional association such as ACCA, CPA etc.
- Good experience in organisational management
- Having Experience in Profession association/institute is advantage
- At least 4 years of senior executive management
- Good working experience in program/project management is preferrable but not essential.
- Track record of delivering on key business objectives
- Fluent in English and Somali
- Master’s degree in project management or MBA in related discipline
- professional accountancy qualification (CPA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA, CA, IPFM etc.) is a distinctive advantage.
Institute of Public Certified Accountants for Somaliland is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a CV and Cover letter to Director, Human Resource Department, Ministry of Finance or email@example.com
Closure of the application 1, June 2021, submission must be received by specified application deadline.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org