World Food Programme (WFP)
Programme Associate – Dolow, Somalia
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Date of Issue: 15th November 2023
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why Join WFP?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 621 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates are especially are encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider Relief program guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedure.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work. (e.g., assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and /or review the work of the other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Ensure field level monitoring of implementation including outputs and outcomes.
- Supervise day-to-day implementation of the relief activities, to ensure the programme remains compliant with all WFP policies and procedures.
Education: :Completion of secondary school education. post-secondary school certificate in the following fields is desirable: Development Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Social Sciences, or any other field relevant to international development assistance
Experience: At least 6 (six) years Proven experience in programme co-ordination, implementation and monitoring activities in an emergency context
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in implementation of plans and activities with NGOs, UN agencies or with governmental institutions.
- Proven experience in the field with the ability to work independently on technical matters with minimum supervision.
- Experience working with donors and establishing creative partnerships.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- Understanding of cash-based programmes in the humanitarian context
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet, and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- General Knowledge of UN systems and policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
- Knowledge and experience in WFP interventions in Somalia is an added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 1 year (initial)
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.