World Vision International
Project Assistant – Community Mobilizer – Odwayne, Somaliland
Position Title: Project Assistant – Community Mobilizer – Odwayne
Location: Odwayne, Somaliland
Category: Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH)
Deadline: 20th July 2021
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Project Officer in coordination of all Food Aid Programs in the area of operation and ensure compliance to donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines.
- Coordination and Food Aid program implementation in the area of operation/region.
- Co-ordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the district in ensuring that food security and development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
- Co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Programs in the district as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Support the Project Officer, coordinator and other Program Managers to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
- Ensure program compliance with accountability standards.
- Degree in Community Development/ Agriculture or related field
- Technical training qualifications in Nutrition/ Community Development /Public Health desired.
- Two years’ of experience in commodity/cash programming and logistics or related field.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both English and Somali language is needed.
- Ability to engage with local communities, partners and government authorities
- Computer Literacy.
The positions are field-based in Odweyne Somaliland.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs