Committed To Good (CTG)
Project Coordinator (1 position) – Mogadishu, Somalia
Vacancy id: VAC-10866
Job title: VAC-10866 Project Coordinator
Apply by: 22-Nov-2023
Start date: 26-Nov-2023
Duration: 6 months
Number of vacancies: 1
Qualification: Master’s in or higher in project / program management, public administration, finance, business, logistics, law, business administration or other relevant related field is required, a bachelor’s degree in project / program management, business administration, or related field in combination with additional 2 years is acceptable in lieu of the masters degree ( essential).
Sector experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant Program / Project Management experience ( essential).
Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of experience in Somalia ( essential).
Languages: Fluent in English ( essential). Fluent in Somali ( essential).
CTG overviewCTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of position
- Under the Technical Assistance to IND project, our client will ensure that all the necessary project management & coordination capacity within the IND is strengthened.
- Our client will provide technical assistance to Immigration and Naturalization Directorate (IND) of the FGS for the transparent, efficient & sustainable planning & execution of their project activities.
- The project aims to ensure that the IND fully benefits from the availability of his / her service within the IND. The Project Coordinator will fill in this gap by coordinating all IND required inputs during all project implementation phases. The role is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the project within the IND & acting as the liaison between our clients Technical Experts & IND officials. The candidate will have a background in business administration, procurement, or project management, ideally with experience in the public sector. Prior experience in contract management, procurement & working with the implementation of projects administered by UN agencies in a government role is desirable. The Project Coordinator will report to the IND Director General & will be expected to liaise extensively with other IND personnel as well as any other Federal Government of Somalia entities whose contributions will be required at various stages in the project.
Role objectivesSummary of functions:
- Project implementation.
- Stakeholder management, coordination & liaison.
- Knowledge management & innovation.
- Support timely & accurate IND inputs at various stages in the project development process.
- Liaise with IND & other relevant FGS entities to help collect all relevant documentation required for our client to complete the initial assessment stage.
- Review all documentation prior to submission to our client to ensure the information provided is accurate & coherent.
- Monitor & ensure timely provision of any inputs required by the IND.
- Facilitate introductions to relevant FGS stakeholders for our clients technical experts.
- Review our clients deliverables, including reports & tender documentation, to support IND in providing feedback & comment.
- Advise the DG on any deviations from the timeline that may hinder the timely award of the contract.
- Draft reports, notes, meeting minutes & other documents required for the DG’s review & endorsement.
- Work with the Project Manager to identify & manage risks & ensure timely escalation.
- Whenever required, assist in seeking clarifications from other FGS entities (e.g. the Ministry of Finance) as well as the financial governance committee.
- Maintain all project records on behalf of the IND.
Stakeholder management, coordination & liaison:
- Establish effective & fruitful working relationships with project’s stakeholders including but not limited to the Project Manager, our clients technical experts as well as FGS stakeholders within & beyond the IND.
- Support the planning of technical committee meetings & ensure the IND is represented.
- Support the DG in soliciting feedback from technical committee members on our clients deliverables & consolidating that feedback where required.
- Facilitate the preparation of the IND’s inputs at the technical committee meetings.
- Support the coordination & management of communications.
- Contribute to building strong partnerships & effective coordination among relevant project stakeholders (e.g., our client, government, the donor) for the purposes of facilitating activities & improving the quality of the project products.
- Pursue engagement of national stakeholders in project implementation & their ownership of project products.
Knowledge management & innovation:
- Support the compilation of project’s lessons learned.
- Contribute to the dissemination & sharing of best practices & lessons learned for planning & knowledge building.
- Pilot innovative solutions within assigned work packages & seek opportunities to replicate them within wider programmatic areas.
Project reportingThe Project Coordinator will report to the IND Director General.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in project / program management, public administration, finance, business, logistics, law, business administration or other relevant related field is required, a bachelor’s degree in project / program management, business administration, or related field in combination with additional 2 years is acceptable in lieu of the masters degree.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant & progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of project management & operations management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development & coordination.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security & operations management.
- Demonstrated experience to work with multi disciplinary & multi cultural teams ideally with high levels of government.
- Fluency in English & Somali languages are required (reading, speaking & writing).
- Develops & implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term & externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates & perceives the impact & implications of future decisions & activities on other parts of the organization.
- Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity & inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others. Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs & inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self & / or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change & flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences & modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values & ethical standards.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality & age sensitivity & adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g., civil strife, natural hazards & humanitarian crisis).
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships & working relations with people in a multi cultural environment.
- Ability to manage, organize, plan & implement work assignments.
- Cope effectively with competing demands & work under pressure of frequent & non negotiable deadlines.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills & ability to handle a range of management & coordination issues.
Team managementThe Project Coordinator will be expected to liaise extensively with other IND personnel as well as any other Federal Government of Somalia entities whose contributions will be required at various stages in the project.
Further informationQualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.
- CTG has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) which is outlined in its Code of Conduct. Protection from SEA is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to CTG’s Code of Conduct at all times.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit app.tayohr.io.