Project Field Officer – Beledweyne, Somalia
COOPI- Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
COOPI in Somalia
COOPI has been active with its humanitarian and resilience programs in Somalia since 1984. COOPI has been implementing emergency and long-term resilience building projects including food security & livelihoods, water and sanitation and health, to improve the living conditions of thousands of vulnerable families.
COOPI has been providing response and supporting the most basic and pressing needs of communities in Southwest State, South Central, Banadir, Jubaland and Somaliland. COOPI has a long-standing presence in those locations providing both emergency humanitarian support and building resilient livelihoods through a multi-sectoral approach with specific focus on crisis affected populations. COOPI’s main operational and coordination offices are located in Mogadishu, Baidoa and Dollow. COOPI also has a support and regional office in Nairobi.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in collaboration with other collaborators of the projects, he/she will:
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings before the redemption and cash out activities;
- Work with Food Management Committees to ensure COOPI and WFP receive feedback from the beneficiaries on the project, including information on complaints related to food quality and conduct of the vendors/agents.
- Sensitize the beneficiaries so that they are aware of project objectives, project modalities, entitlements, right to complain, complaint modalities and redemption/cash out days.
- Represent COOPI in the field with community leaders, local authorities, other humanitarian actors. Conduct regular meetings with such entities, prepare minutes for sharing with the CBT Manager/Project Manager.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of cash transfers, by maintaining and/or expanding COOPI’s community outreach to ensure beneficiaries have one communication channel with the CBT team.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the field team by ensuring their presence in the field, keeping track of their attendance, submitting accurate information for their payment at field level and providing instructions to them on the planned activities.
- Build the capacity of the Field Monitors to ensure project quality, providing regular training/coaching.
- Coordinate the distribution and management of of SCOPE cards to targeted beneficiaries with support of SCOPE IT Assistant and SCOPE Registrars.
- Coordinate and supervise the monitoring of monthly redemption and cash out activities, conduct market price monitoring, conduct vendors’ price monitoring, shop monitoring, ensure that beneficiaries receive their full entitlement and they are treated with dignity and not taken advantage of.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the vendors/agents to ensure that their activities are fully in compliance with WFP regulations, represent beneficiaries’ interests in such meetings.
- Timely report any irregularities to the Project Manager.
- Conduct regular visits to the communities where beneficiaries reside in order to collect feedback, follow up on their food security status.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity reports to the Project Manager.
- Prepare and submit a monthly report on redemption/cash out activities to the project Manager for their further compilation and sharing with the donor.
- Support and coordinate data collection for the outcome monitoring surveys.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply COOPI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, Core Humanitarian Standards, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
Undertake Cash and Voucher interventions at district level under the direction of the Project Manager, including;
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings during community led Cash activities;
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of conditional and unconditional cash transfers planned activities
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the district level.
- Implement detailed work plan for FSL team at district level activities.
Collect information and data on food security at district level through surveys, assessments and regular post distribution monitoring of beneficiary households
- Collect information to ensure that the surveillance of the cash transfer situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result.
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses
- Participate in the registration and distribution of beneficiary ID cards and / vouchers,
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities
Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at district level)
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about Cash Transfer and strengthening livelihood restoration activities with support from local authorities, Extension workers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at district level.
- Support in the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable population is verified before Cash transfer is made.
- Support the Supervisor in ensuring that targeting of beneficiaries to receive cash transfers is carried out in a transparent way and with active participation of women and minority members of communities.
- Support the Supervisor to ensure that beneficiaries’ access to the provider guarantees protection and gender sensitivity in the field key activities
Work with program teams to ensure COOPI information on program activities is shared within district and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Collaborate with government and humanitarian partners to ensure the smooth sharing of information in consultation with the Project Manager/Field Officer/Program Coordinator.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at village/ district level and handling complaint/ feedback.
- Assist the Project Manager to provide trainings on monitoring and evaluation that include sampling, data collection, data cleaning, analysis and reporting guidelines to all project staff. Coach SCOPE team, data entry clerks and project officers on data cleaning
Skills and Qualifications
Requirements (education required, years of experience, technical skills, soft skills)
Degree/Diploma in Sociology, Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in developmental projects
- 2 year in field level mobilization related work experience with an INGO
- Experience in report writing with excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Familiar with the context in Somalia
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word).
- Knowledge of the local languages.
- Proficient in data collection and handling bulk registers of beneficiaries.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through link to https://forms.gle/maMzNsnNf1ywVoAZ7 with subject line as “CBT Field Officer” by 10.05.2023.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor. COOPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- COOPI has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the organization, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. COOPI also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- COOPI reserves the right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project.
- COOPI reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained Rolling basis review of applications.
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- COOPI considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the Project Manager and direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.