Project Manager- Education – Baidoa, Somalia
Project Manager- Education
|Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)
|Project Manager – Education
|Baidoa with frequent travel to other districts (Hudur and Elbarde).
|Commitment to Diversity
|GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
The Project Manager-Education report to the Program Director. The PM provides
Direct technical and managerial supervision and support to Education and project teams for ensuring effective and efficient implementation of assigned projects within the education program. She/he will manage all aspects of project planning and quality implementation, including providing technical expertise, project finance and budget compliance, supervising staff tasks an performance, coordinating with partners, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting, building staff in addition, collaborate capacity as required. In addition, as PM, she/he is responsible for developing new- project proposals, related to Education that build on the successes, lessons learned and needs
Assessments of ongoing projects and/or are new project ideas. She/he is also expected to work closely with the Program Director for project related issues and represent the organization external meetings and workshops when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Program Management (70%)
- Provide technical support and supervision on efficient and effective implementation
Assigned projects as per work plans, M&E plans, budgets, timeline and contract
- Design relevant technical monitoring and implementing materials to ensure quality project implementation.
- Manage project teams to ensure delivery of agreed deliverables, plans and strategies as per RI policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure project activities are on track, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary.
- Manage project budgets and spending in accordance with BVAs, adherence with donor and GREDO procedures and policies.
- Conduct capacity building and/or mentoring activities for project staff as required
- Facilitate team building and cohesive working amongst team members
- Review and support elaboration of project documents and reports
- Maintain project transparency and accountability within GREDO team and with donors
- Support the PD and ED in relevant tasks of program management, including resource allocation and ensuring appropriate controls are maintained at all levels
- Provide feedback to project team to ensure optimal performance
- Frequent travel to districts (Hudur and Elbarde) to attend project sites and provide support to team as needed.
M&E and Program Development (20%)
- Support development and implementation of mobilization and M&E plans for assigned projects (including databases and data collection; outcome and impact evaluation, success stories)
- Conduct regular project monitoring, evaluation, documenting and clear reporting on progress of project implementation against indicators and targets and determine corrective measures to improve project delivery
- Support the development and roll out of needs assessments including tools, training and participating at the field level.
- Develop new project proposals related to Education, building on lessons learned, needs assessments, and coordination with key stakeholders
- Support development and implementation of organization’s strategies and plans
- Oversee timely submission of program reports, meeting institutional and donor requirements, sharing challenges and successes.
External Coordination and Communication (10%)
Represent GREDO in coordination meetings, working groups and external relationships
- Maintain organizational consistency through maintenance of strong and positive
Relations with field teams and Head Office:
1.1 General Responsibilities
- a) Any other duties as assigned by Operations Director
- b) Designated staff for Safeguarding
2 Required Qualifications (minimum requirements)
- University degree relevant to the child focused programming e.g. Education
Management, Teacher Training, Social Science.
3.2 Experience (minimum requirement)
- 6 years of professional experience in implementing education in emergencies
Programming at the field level with NGOs or other relevant actors in emergency
Contexts, preferably protracted crises.
- Experience in working in consortium and external representation including with donors and education coordination meetings
- Demonstrable experience of project management, and understanding of donor compliance.
- Demonstrable experience of managing an education program, experience of ABE programming desirable.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, design and delivery of programming in Education in emergencies, including monitoring and evaluation
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong understanding and demonstrated ability and experience to train others on international standards related to education including INEE Standards etc.
- Strong understanding of international humanitarian standards (Sphere etc.)
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in capacity building approaches in their technical area (trainings, on the job support, mentoring) including the development of individual capacity building plans
- Demonstrated experience in designing, adapting programming tools and guidance for their technical area in emergencies and introducing and practicing these with field based staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in stressful environments
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Flexibility and can cope with stressful workload.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field Hudur and Elbarde (including on short notice) when required.
3.3 Technical Skills
- Fluent speaking and written of both English and Somali language is required.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Good organizational and writing skills
- Report writing
- Project Management
Master’s degree in Education Management and relevant programs
3 Decision Making Authority
Per Project framework
5 Key Relationships
- Maintain organizational consistency through maintenance of strong and positive relations with field teams and Head Office;
- Potential Vendors
- Local Authority and Government institutions
- UN and Other International and Local non-Government Organizations
- Working Groups
8 Core Values and Critical Competencies
o Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
o Voluntarism Sustainability Management performance for success.
o Commitment Excellence Diversity
o Initiating Action Facilitating Change Team mobilizing
o Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
o Adaptability Negotiation Conflict management
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application with updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is Friday 07/05/2021
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs