Project Officer (Durable Solutions), Somalia
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- PROJECT OFFICER (DURABLE SOLUTIONS)
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Job Title: Project Officer (Durable Solutions)
Reports to: Senior Field Coordinator, Durable solutions
Job Location: The position will be based in Hudur, Bakool region, with travels to visit other project locations
Direct reports: This position will closely work with the local NGO partner and liaise with key stakeholders in the project locations
Under the supervision of Senior Field Coordinator, Durable Solutions the Project Officer will be responsible for the overall leadership, planning, management successful implementation and monitoring of Concern’s durable solutions project in Bakool region. The incumbent is to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the concerned programmes are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, strategies, timelines and budgets, and that all reports and information required are produced on time and to a high standard. She/he will work closely with local partner organization and act as their mentor. The position holder will also work closely with other Durable Solutions programme team members, finance, logistics etc. in Concern and partner staff to foster synergies in Durable Solutions programme.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Program implementation and management.
- Work in close collaboration with the DS senior field coordinator in managing DS programme activities in Bakool region.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project in Hudur in partnership with the local NGO partner.
- Provide field level leadership in programme implementation and budget monitoring in line with agreed upon activities for Hudur.
- Develop annual, quarterly and monthly work plans for the assigned components and keep the Field coordinator updated of any changes updates, progress and challenges.
- Ensure that program activities are commenced in a timely manner and implemented to a high standard, in compliance with Concern standards, policies and donor guidelines.
- Work in close collaboration with program staffs such as livelihood officer, community engagement and inclusion officer, WaSH officer and Programme Manager etc. to implement Danwadaag project activities as outlined in the proposal.
- Support partner organization staff capacity building in line with the durable solutions programme technical areas, while ensuring effective implementation of the project activities by the partner.
- Actively participate in surveys and assessments to ensure that programmes developed respond to the needs of the communities.
- Liaise with the logistics department and concern technical person for the production of information, education, and communication (IEC) materials for community mobilization.
- Support partner staff to ensure that there is coherence in the implementation of the partner programme and they apply the relevant technical and quality standards.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for integration with other sectors within Concern and Danwadaag DS actors to achieve better complementarity through the derisnimo approach, leading to desirable impacts.
- Liaise with local authorities and community structures’ representatives/focal points as needed to build better relations and collaboration for timely implementation, monitoring, and learning from lessons.
- Foster linkages between the DAC forum and various DS stakeholders in the derisnimo focus areas to facilitate active and inclusive community wide participation and planning of community-led initiatives.
- Act as the technical focal point for all activities and outputs under the DS program activities in Hudur.
- Facilitate / attend monthly and ad hoc / TWG meetings, and contribute in all related events and meetings.
- Attend and participate as the official Concern representative to partners’ meetings, workshops, trainings, conferences related to the project.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborate with the M&E officer to ensure appropriate monitoring the performance of various DS program interventions in a timely manner
- Document lessons learned human success stories/case studies, suggest and support initiatives to improve quality of the project.
- Carry out or participate in rigorous monitoring of field activities against the project activity plan and provide written briefs on all field visits carried out.
- Ensure active community participation in project activities and continuous flow (two-way) of information between the Concern field staff, Partner organizations and target communities/beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all crosscutting issues are well understood by the partners and mainstreamed into program activities; equality (especially gender, conflict sensitivity, DRR, environment, etc.
- Give feedback on programme quality issues and any complaints from beneficiaries to the field coordinator after field visits.
- Providing technical assistance on specific thematic area, if needed.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably assigned by your line manager.
- Any other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by line manager.
- Be willing to play a role in any emergency response activities Concern may implement at request of line manager.
Concern’s Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies
Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the (1) Programme Participant Protection Policy; (2) Child Safeguarding Policy; and (3) Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s Degree in development studies, Social Sciences, project management, or any other relevant field with three (3) years’ experience or a Diploma in Social sciences or any other relevant field with at least four (4) years’ experience in implementing IDP related projects especially durable solutions in Somalia.
- Have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
- Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
Good knowledge of and skills in using participatory methodology and approaches.
Communication skills: Excellent written and spoken English, fluent Somali. Excellent analytical skills. ICT skills: Strong computer skills at least on Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
How to apply
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
How To Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter and updated CVs) by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Officer (Durable Solutions)” by Tuesday 27th November 2023.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org