International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Protection Administrative Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date: 02 December, 2023
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Protection Administrative Assistant
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/038/2023
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification: General Service Category, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, Six Months with possibility of Extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 02 December, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The position is to support IOM Somalia’s Protection Unit efforts to integrate the centrality of protection in IOM Somalia’s program design and implementation through a protection and gender analysis, do no harm-survivor-centered approaches; psychological first aid as well as ensuring inclusion of different ages, genders, people with disabilities and other socially marginalized groups.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Protection Administration Assistant will support the administrative aspects of the Protection Unit. In particular, She/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Protection team with daily administrative tasks related to all activities associated with all protection projects.
- Carry out administration tasks within the office, including all required procurement & finance tasks.
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and report the stock level for replenishments to the National Protection Program Officer and Senior Program Assistants (such as printers, printer ink, printing paper, laptops, tables, and desks, etc.).
- Prepare monthly update spreadsheet for all administrative tasks and submit them to the National Protection Program Officer and Program Manager.
- Process vendor/protection outreach staff payments through OIPA system for all Protection Unit payments generated from the sub-offices and within Mogadishu.
- Verify invoices as per established organization processes and approvals including all implementing partner’s payments.
- Set up and maintain internal database, filing system, store and manage data and information relevant to the scope of program/project activities.
- Assist in implementation of project/program administrative tasks, including organizing meetings, workshops, training, conference, etc.
- Provide training on the administrative tasks to new staff when requested.
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of Protection Unit, review all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that are authorized and all the supporting documents are attached therewith.
- Assist in preparing Travel Request (TR) for CTG staff, by using correct WBS and verifying staff have their security request clearance with CTG as well Travel expense claims (TEC) ensuring all the staff have submitted correct supporting documents.
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement department, follow up on all Protection Unit Payment/procurement requests and follow-up that GRN (Goods Received Notes) are confirmed in good time to allow timely capturing of cost to the projects.
- Carry out monthly review of Open Purchase Order (POs), PRFs, open POs with MIGOs, POs with MIRO pending, and take required actions in coordination with logistics officer.
- Perform vendor claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered.
- Assist in monitoring project expenditure and commitments vs approved budget for all projects.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related fields from an accredited institution with three years of relevant professional experience, or.
- High school diploma with five years of relevant experience
- Experience with IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, cash management and internal control procedures.
- At least 3 three years of professional experience in administrative, financial and logistics n assistance of a public or private institution.
- Professional experience in financial administration and control procedures.
- Experience working in respective programme/project preferably at field level, in emergency and conflict environments.
- Experience working with international organizations, experience in IOM an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy. Good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel.
- Personal commitment drives results, flexibility, and ability to work effectively and harmoniously withcolleagues from various cultures and professional background.
- Well-organized, mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Must have excellent communication skill (written and spoken).
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skill, ability to work in a diverse team, flexible and quickly adapt to new/different environment.
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
For all applicants, fluency in English and Somali is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected, and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
If you are interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via email with the subject of the position title and VN number email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
From 19.11.2023 to 02.12.2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com