Protection & Inclusion Officer – Hargelle, Somali Regional State of Somalia
Deadline: Nov 23, 2023
Under the direct supervision of Afder area coordinator and technical support of the Senior PSI in the country office the Protection and Inclusion Officer will works towards achieving “Leave no one behind” and “Do no harm” agendas to be integrated into all Islamic Relief Ethiopia programs in Afder area coordination office, and ensures commitments towards Core Humanitarian Standards and inclusion Charter. The candidate must have the ability to forge strong partnerships with key stakeholders to meet objectives.
Key working Relationship
· Work closely with the Senior PSI focal person at country office on GBV, CP, gender and safeguarding issues
· Work closely with thematic area coordinators, project managers, project officers, and focal persons (Gender and child protection focal persons)
· Follow issues, communications and enquires coming from the Country Office focal person (Gender, Child Protection, Age and Disability) are addressed timely to ensure mainstreaming of inclusion and protection into IR programmes in Afder.
· Work closely with PDQA department at CO and follow CHS commitments and accountability components are addressed in all IR programmes in Afder
· Channel key recommendations and messaging to IR Advocacy initiatives, as necessary, to influence policy and practice on inclusion and protection where we operate.
· Work with key stakeholders within the region/zone to build their capacity on protection and inclusion, which includes child protection, prevention of GBV, inclusion of all ages and disabilities and accountable systems.
• Organize basic Case management, GBV, child protection and psychosocial support (PSS), PSEAH training for staffs, government service providers and community volunteers.
• Lead and coordinate GBV risk analysis and referral pathway service mapping in the Afder area
Ensure the implementation of protection and gender activities as per the timeframe
• Plan and implement activities to ensure that IR’s Inclusive approach to programming is consistently applied through community-based protection methods.
• Contribute to and facilitate a programme of results-based on protection programming through a consultative process with sector and/or cluster partners.
• Strengthen active partnerships with relevant government agencies/offices and humanitarian agencies/ CSOs partners, and strengthen referral systems in areas of Child protection and GBV;
• Network with key external stakeholders to find areas of collaboration, best practice, innovation, knowledge sharing and partnerships.
• Ensure that protection, safeguarding and inclusion mechanism including the inclusion of most vulnerable members of the community, induction of staff, community, stakeholders, and suppliers, availability of Protection and safeguarding focal points are in place and the community receives the feedback in due time as per the IRE policy.
• Identify training needs and build the capacity of IR local staff on inclusion, protection and CHS accountability components.
• Ensure data collection mechanisms are in place and data is collected and analyzed periodically
• Conduct conflict sensitivity analysis exercise with relevant stakeholders and ensure IR programmes “Do no harm” in their communities.
• Ensure gender, age and diversity analysis is done and updated regularly to respond to beneficiaries needs in our area of operation/Afder
• Follow up and provide technical guidance during implementation phase and document
• Proactively exchange learning and synergy with all involved stakeholders.
• Drafts relevant sections of reports required for donors, management, annual reports.
• Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation personnel for timely evaluation of projects;
• Participate and influence external platforms on protection and inclusivity
· University degree in one of the relevant areas- Psychology, Sociology, Behavioral Science International Law, Human Rights, or Social Science
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with preferably 3 years of relevant professional work experience in human rights issues, inclusivity, protection and/or child protection, and GBV. Working in emergency or conflict situations in developing countries is an asset.
· Fluency in English and knowledge on local languages of IR operational area (Somali) is Mandatory.
· Planning and organizing
· Communication skills
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good advocacy, analytical skills
· Teamwork/working with people
· Drive for results Learning Elements
· Be familiar with IR overall programming in unstable situations;
· Articulate methodology of programme and project management;
· Articulate rights based and results based programming in IR;
· Demonstrate a good understanding of IR policies and strategy to address child protection and GBV issues;
· Demonstrate enhanced knowledge of inclusive programming approach to child protection and GBV issues.
· Good understanding of GBV in emergence programing and Gender in humanitarian action (GiHA).
· Good understanding of CHS Commitments, SPHERE, minimum standards of age and disability inclusion
· Good understanding of minimum standards on child protection
Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity
Islamic Relief and Islamic Relief staff considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. And must adhere the principle of ‘do no harm and leave no one behind.’ It is critical we do not expose communities or staff we work with to the risk of harm through our interventions. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have a number of related policies which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Islamic Relief is committed to responding swiftly, appropriately and constructively to any and all information children, young people and people at risk have disclosed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We participate in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment before signing the contract agreement.
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or their circumstances, and an equal employment opportunity to all candidates and qualified applicants, we do not discriminate on the base of age, sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability status and diversity.
How to apply
· Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
· You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
· Closing date for the application is November 23, 2023.
· Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.
· Female candidates are highly encouraged.
Disclaimers: The Islamic relief does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process thus during application, interviews processes, offer and contract.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et