Protection Officer – SOS Childrens Villages International – Baidoa
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Position Title : Protection Officer
Reporting to : Protection Coordinator
Location : Baidoa
The job holder will facilitate the provision of capacity building activities to the project staff and volunteers for them to understand and implement the protection particularly CP activities as planned. While on the hand, the community engagement approach on CP will be the first role to be dealt by the job holder to maximize the uptake of the CP messaging in the community, during which, child protection case management, monitoring and reporting will be realized with the help of the coordination meetings, information sharing and networking of partners responding to child protection issues in the respective district/towns or locations.
The following are key responsibilities of the protection officer role
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with schools, teachers, communities and project stakeholder contacts.
- Provision of the technical capacity building by providing training staff, students, teachers and communities elders.
- Support project planning, designing, implementation and monitoring of Protection activities that may include recreational and psychosocial activities, individual support to vulnerable children, teachers and communities.
- Submit regular programs updates and ensure internal reports are produced and delivered in a timely and quality manner to the Education Coordinator.
- In support of project activities, ensure that effective measures are in place to reduce the children at protection risks.
- Support SOS Village youth and communities to carry out child protection awareness campaigns.
- Identification and documentation of protection concerns specifically school boys and girls and come up with remedial action in consultation with the Education Coordinator.
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of programs activities by ensuring the protection gaps and needs assessment are identified and adequately addressed.
- To carry out the data validation, triangulation and authenticity for quality services delivery services.
- Ensure the implementation of the child safeguarding policies among the project staff
- Maintain protection presence through regular field missions and reports, making direct contact with persons of concern, host communities, local authorities and partners
- Conduct an initial risk assessment for better preparedness and in quality response
- Establish effective referral mechanism to ease referral pathways cases to community lead service organizations
- Establish and investigate the allegation of the child abuse
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Work and Social Administration (SWSA)/Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education is an added advantage
- Technical Training qualifications in protection or peace building will be an added advantage
- 3 years of experience or more in related job of protection is desirable
Child Safeguarding Policy:
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is. 21st May 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with this position. It is updated annually in the course of performance appraisal. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and involvement in processes.
To apply for this job please visit sossomalia.org .