Senior Program Assistant (CS) (2 Positions) – Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing date: 17 Oct 2023
CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position
- Our clients Transition & Recovery Pillar (TRP) encompasses their Somalia’s Community Stabilization Unit (CSU) & Disengagement, Disassociation, Reintegration & Reconciliation (DDRR) program & addresses the multifaceted drivers of instability to support the Somali government & communities to build peace & lay the foundations for longer term, sustainable recovery through activities that restore trust horizontally between communities & vertically between communities & government authorities in newly recovered & fragile areas. Within this mandate, TRP works with marginalized & at risk youth on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) & to promote social cohesion & supports the Federal Government of Somalia’s (FGS) national program for the treatment & handling of disengaged combatants in Southwest state & Jubaland. TRP also supports the FGS’s & Federal Member State (FMS) level stabilization strategies in programs that works in Galmudug (GM), Hirshabelle (HS), Southwest (SWS) & Jubaland (JSS).
- Our clients CSU is currently implementing numerous projects which include the EU funded breaking the climate conflict cycle in Hirshabelle, the USAID funded Stabilization Through Education Program (STEP), the Danish funded forging a greener peace in the Hirshabelle state of Somalia, the FCDO funded Rapid Stabilization Support to Somalia (RSS) & the USAID funded Stabilization & Reconciliation in Somalia (SRS), among others in the pipeline by other donors.
- Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager (Community Stabilization) & direct supervision of National Stabilization Officer, the Community Stabilization Unit seeks to recruit 1 Senior Program Assistant to provide oversight & support to planning, coordination & execution of community stabilization activities in Southwest, Hirshabelle, Galmudug & Jubaland in coordination with National Stabilization Officers & field staff. The positions will be based in Mogadishu, with frequent travel to the field.
- Identify new project opportunities in target locations & draft activity concept notes, proposals & budgets in close coordination the National Stabilization Officer.
- Assist in coordinating & facilitating project activities, ensuring seamless collaboration among team members & stakeholders.
- Travel to field locations is a requirement.
- Provide support in the planning, execution & monitoring of projects, including preparing project timelines, tracking progress & reporting on project status.
- Provide regular updates to the National Program Officers & prepare activity reports.
- Coordinate kick off meetings between the government & vendors selected to implement (whether its construction or service).
- Establish working relationships with target communities, local government (or caretaker administrations) & regional government officials.
- Be the focal point for CSU in engagement with local government partners & communities in target locations.
- Support the communications team in providing inputs to visibility & communications products in accordance with communications plan & donor compliance.
- Review all deliverables submitted by implementing partners / service providers on youth & women related activities prior to sharing with the Program Officer (Stabilization) for approval.
- Ensure timely procurement of necessary materials & supplies based on the priority interventions, stabilization action plans & community consultations (or pre recovery dialogue consultations when applicable).
- Coordinate with stabilization partners, such as TISS, EAJ, NIS foundation, FCA, ERI, the UN local & state level government authorities & other actors engaged in stabilization activities in the region.
- Coordinate with our clients Somalia resource management unit including procurement of necessary materials, supplies, logistical support & payment of vendors for all activities in a timely manner.
- Provide regular inputs to donor reports & other project documents in close coordination with the National Stabilization Officer.
- Provide regular reporting of any community concerns or complaints regarding the project activities & suggest corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records of project activities, including meeting minutes, project reports & relevant documentation.
- Generate periodic reports & updates on project status as required.
- Support effective communication with project stakeholders, partners & beneficiaries.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops & events related to the programs.
- Organize and manage program related data, ensuring its integrity, confidentiality & accessibility for analysis & reporting purposes.
- Support capacity building initiatives for project beneficiaries & partners, including arranging training sessions & workshops, in particular relating to matching grants mechanism.
- Conduct research & assessments on relevant topics & provide data analysis to inform decision making processes.
- Identify potential risks & challenges related to program implementation & propose mitigation strategies.
- Perform any other duties.
- This role will work under the overall supervision of the Program Manager (Community Stabilization) & direct supervision of National Stabilization Officer.
- University Degree in Education, Social Science, Development, International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration.
- 5 years’ experience with University Degree or 7 years’ experience with School Diploma.
- Experience in working insecure or post conflict environments.
- Experience working with government & communities in remote locations of Somalia, similar experience in Lower Shabelle is an added advantage.
- Sufficient capacity to undertake the responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in education & program management.
- Demonstrated proficiency & knowledge of information technology in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Skills in project design, implementation & management.
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of government structures & current development planning in Somalia in coordinating with local & state government authorities & civil society organizations.
- Experience working on community stabilization projects.
- Good writing skills.
- Strong skills in analysis & problem solving.
- Ability to effectively monitor & drive project activities.
- Profound ability to carry out safety analyses & stability as well as quality control.
- Strong ability to plan & manage project resources & budgets.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal & written.
- Must have a minimum of 5 relevant years of work experience in Africa.
- Must be a native in Somalia.
- Fluency in English & Somali is required (oral & written).
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences. Encourages diversity & inclusion.
- Maintain high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected & fairly treated.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner. Is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own actions & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize & develop their leadership & professional potential.
- Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Promotes shared values & creates an atmosphere of trust & honesty.
- Works strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Leads with humility & shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Educational certificate(s) of the selected candidate will be sent for verification.
How to apply
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit app.tayohr.io.