Site Engineer – Galmudug State, Somalia
Job Title :Site Engineer
Duty Station : Galmudug State
Positions : 1
SETAC, an established civil engineering and Construction company, seeks to recruit dedicated civil engineers to join their team of professionals.
- Performs various engineering supervision requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories studied, and available data in the engineering field.
- Prepares or assists in preparing fundamental engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and programme projections.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Under the guidance of a Project Manager, assists in reviewing supplier drawing submittals and technical bid analyses.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides input to recruitment of daily labor and their supervision.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Preparation of daily site progress reports.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Ability to write and communicate both English and Somali language are required
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Complete knowledge of relevant legislation
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Civil Engineering
- 2-3 years of related work experience with substantial involvement in public and community infrastructure design is required
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil, or a related field.
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
How to apply:
SETAC is inviting applications from qualified and interested candidates who meets the above requirements can submit their updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com not later than 16th May 2021 at 05:00pm. Please mention the Duty Station in your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org