Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Social Development Specialist – Mogadishu, Somalia
The Federal Republic of Somali
Ministry of Finance of Federal Government of Somalia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Republic of Somalia (FRS)
NAME OF PROJECT: SOMALIA ENHANCING PUBLIC RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROJECT
PROJECT ID: P177298 Grant No.: IDA-E1360
Assignment Title: Social Development Specialist
Reference No.: SO-MOF-360007-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu Somalia
Submission deadline: May 27th, 2023
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) has received financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Somalia Enhancing Public Resource Management Project (SERP). The SERP project is implemented on behalf of FGS by the Ministry of Finance. The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to support the FGS to strengthen accountability, transparency and institutional capacity in public resource management, across participating entities. It is envisaged that SERP will assist the FGS by focusing on synergies and interconnectedness between improving domestic revenue mobilization (DRM), Public Financial Management (PFM), and Public Sector Management (PSM). Integration of revenue, expenditure, and service delivery will in time improve formal tax collection, strengthen legitimacy, and reduce the role of non-state actors. The Ministry of Finance intends to apply part of the proceeds for the payment for services of the Social Development Specialist.
Under the overall guidance of the Project Coordinator, the objective of the assignment is to support the Project Implementing Unit (PIU) with the preparation, implementation and monitoring of project related social risk management activities to enhance the social sustainability of the SERP project. The Social Development Specialist will work closely with other PIU members and senior officials at the Ministries of Finance, Labor, National Civil Service Commissions and across the Government at all levels (Federal & Federal Member States).
- Scope of work for the Social Development Specialist
Social Risk Management
- Support activities designed to manage social risks in the project as elaborated in the Environmental and Social Commitment Plan (ESCP), Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), Labour Management Procedures (LMP), Stakeholders Engagement Plan (SEP), Security Management Plan and all other social risk management action plans as may be developed over the life of the project.
- Support continuous stakeholder and community engagements and consultations, including the implementation of the Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- Facilitate the immediate reporting of any severe safeguard incidents as per the Projects Operations Manual and the Environmental and Social Incidents Reporting Toolkit protocols, including providing input as required to the Root Cause Analysis and supporting implementation of the relevant corrective action plans as agreed upon between the PIU and the World Bank.
- Provide inputs and participate in the capacity development plan to build self and staff capacities for the effective management of social risks at the PIU, working closely with other agencies to demonstrably learn, understand, and eventually provide quality assurance and reporting to processes and practices being implemented to manage social risks.
- Compile regular monitoring and reporting on integrated feedback and grievance management and overall project performance on social risk management, including Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEA-H), as input to regular project progress narrative reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) and presentations, as outlined in the ESCP. This includes regular grievance reports and logs and any other reports as may be agreed between MoF and World Bank
- Participate in all joint implementation and supervision missions monitoring missions, and project related workshops, consultations, meetings as required conducted by the World Bank. This may include travel to project sites throughout the country.
- Support the project’s Procurement Specialist in integrating E&S risk management provisions into procurement activities, including ensuring that mitigation measures are fully factored into procurement planning and are well resourced.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably directed by the Project Coordinator
Management of Grievance and redress mechanism
- Ensure that all activities related to effective GRM functioning and grievance/complaint retrieval flow and redress responsibilities meet project requirements per the Project Operations Manual (POM) and approved project instruments.
- Engage with stakeholders for the successful administration of project GRM across all subsequent processing steps of (i) uptake, (ii) sorting, (iii) processing, (iv) following up, (v) verification/ investigation, and (vi) assessing and reporting, and (vi) responding to complaints.
- Contribute to the development and updating of procedural grievance management manuals that establishes service standards, including prompt and clear processing guidelines and procedures for grievance and complaint resolution.
Skills and Qualifications
- Selection Criteria
The qualifications and experience of the successful candidate are set out below.
- An undergraduate degree in law,Social Science: Law, Political Science human rights or another relevant discipline
- At least five years’ experience in the social development field with a focus on stakeholder and community engagements, inclusion, gender and GBV, complaints and grievances management, vulnerable and minorities, disability, displaced populations and refugee/returnee influx.
- Broad understanding of the national policies, laws and regulations on social issues above and familiarity of World Bank Environmental and Social Framework (ESF)
- Fluency in Somali and English, with the ability to produce good quality written products in both languages.
- Good experience of managing grievance and complaints systems within a public or private-sector programme.
- Confidence and experience in managing inputs to information technology databases.
- A track record of engaging on social and environmental safeguarding issues.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a commitment to working in teams.
- The ability and willingness to take initiative, be innovative and drive forward activities.
- A strong commitment to social justice.
- Duration & Duty Station: Twelve (12) months. The duty station is Mogadishu Somalia with travels to the FMSs
- The Ministry of Finance of Federal Government of Somalia (MoF)now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.so or it can be forwarded to the applicant upon request to the address indicated below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.21 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated November 2020, current edition (“Procurement Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
- The selection will be conducted in accordance with the procedures for selection of Individual Consultants set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing (IPF) Borrowers dated November 2020 (Procurement Regulations
How to apply
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV with 3 reference persons must be delivered ( by e-mail or in person) in a written form to the address below by May 27th, 2023 at 12:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as “ Expression of Interest for Social Development Specialist; REF : SO-MOF-360007-CS-INDV (MoF)”REF: SO-MOF-360003-CS-INDV
RCRF Project – Office of the PIU
Ministry of Finance of Federal Government of Somalia, Mogadishu
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org This operation refers to public resource management to include the management of public financial resources – both revenues (DRM) and expenditures (PFM), as well as the management of the Public Service Management (PSM).
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com