Ethiopian Red Cross Society - Somali Region
Somali Regional Branch Restoring Family Links (RFL) Service Coordinator – Jigjiga
Deadline Apr 16, 2021
Ethiopian Red Cross Society is a humanitarian organization working in partnership with the Ethiopian government as an auxiliary to the government since 8th July 1935, with partners the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC), ICRC and other National Societies. Its vision is to be a strong, self-reliant and the most efficient humanitarian organization in Ethiopia in reaching the most vulnerable. Our mission is to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to contribute to the wellbeing of mankind and prevalence of peace. It works on four core programs including food security and disaster preparedness/response, health and health related initiatives and the promotion of humanitarian values. Moreover, ERCS is the only institution that formally gives Restoring Family links services to the refugees and the host community. Thus, ERCS is inviting applications from internal/external qualified staffs that can fulfill the requirements of the post to fill the following vacancy that exist at Jigjiga, Somali Region of Ethiopia.
Job Grade: XI
Terms of Employment:-Contract for 1 year (with a possibility of extension)
Work Unit: Office of Regional branch
Report to: Head, DRM Division
The overall Duties and Responsibilities
The Coordinator will have a dual role: supporting ERCS’s Somali regional branch overall leadership and coordination of the bodily functions under the RFL operations as well as complementary activities linked to the RFL operations; and providing technical guidance and support for branch tracing officers so as to provide the RFL services for beneficiaries effectively and efficiently. Meets with ERCS Somali regional branch to ensure the timely, efficient and effective implementation of the RFL operation in Somali, specifically, supports ERCS to ensure close cooperation with Movement partners contributing to RFL activities as well as communication and coordination with Government officials and agencies, UN partners and non-governmental organizations. To accomplish these objectives, the RLF Coordinator will come by the RLF operation in all Somali area refugee camps and local community and work closely with ERCS Somali regional branch team technical units and branch personnel and coordinate closely each refugee camp restoring Family links services
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, coordinates and controls the overall RFL operations of the branch and prepares the branch RFL budget necessary for running tracing activities.
- Coordinates and facilitates the distribution and implementation of a National RFL policy and procedure;
- Initiates effective monitoring and reporting mechanisms of the branch RFL operation and manage the implementation of all bodily functions as set out in the plan of action, with special attention to the broader context monitoring of achievement of results.
- Produces timely narrative monthly, quarterly, Biannual and Annual activity progress reports and supports the branch finance unit in the preparation of financial documents, according to ERCS and partners procedures and send the report on time to the headquarter;
- Coordinates and facilitates the natural processes of gathering, screening, registering, dispatching, properly documenting, exchanging and tracking the statuses of RFL tools (telephone call services, BBC forms, tracing requests and Red Cross Messages (RCM’s) and ensure the RFL accomplishment is timely communicated and properly handled;
- Supports the branch to manage the effective and proper utilization of assets, physical resources and facilities, including Tukuls and working materials inside them according to ERCS and ICRC standard procedures in parliamentary procedure to comply with auditing requirements;
- Offers technical expert support to the branch in order to ensure timely and efficient assessment, planning and implementation of RFL activities and facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned;
- Facilitates and follows up the procurement and distribution of tracing logistical facilities for RFL activities of the branch.
- Offers coaching, mentoring and capacity building support, as needed, to the branch RFL technical staff including volunteers;
- Assesses capacity gaps of tracing personnel (staff and volunteers) and RFL operational centers-Tukuls materials, designs, administers capacity building strategies, monitors and assesses the impact of the tracing capacity development efforts in society to enhance the grade and quality of Family links services of the branch;
- Coordinates training programs, experience sharing and workshops for RFL staffs and volunteers and other concerned work units of the branch on principles, technical aspects of tracing and other related issues;
- Represents the Society/movement and participates in experience sharing, refugee issue meetings and related forums, and build networks with stakeholders in Somali region and handles communication matters of the branch RFL services with them;
- Provides expert support to the tracing personnel of the branch at the position and field level as needed and follows up on time dispatching of the collected RFL tools to the headquarter and distribution to the beneficiaries;
- Follows up the status of drawing requests, phone call services, BBC Forms and Red Cross Messages dispatched to beneficiaries and the headquarter and prompts the tracing personnel for handling;
- Follows-up the proper management and use of the ERCS RFL Tukuls of Somali area refugee camps and control the materials inside the Tukuls for effective and efficient use
- Communicates the head quarter RFL unit or DRR department for any RFL technical matters
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities of the tracing program as designated by the regional branch head.
- University degree and above in Disaster Risk Management/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Social Anthropology/ Social Psychology /Applied Psychology and 5 years proven job experience out of which 2 years in the senior professional position (s).
- Experience and good knowledge of working in emergency and understanding of humanitarian issues is an asset
- Good analytical, communication and networking skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel, including in remote areas of Somali region
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English and Somali language. Knowing Amharic language is an asset.
- Ethiopian Nationality
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit a non-returnable copy of all their credentials, recommendation letters, Proof of experience, an updated CV and cover later by not later than 16th of April 2021 to the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS), Somali branch, PO. Box:-65, Jigjiga, Ethiopia. Or can submit in person at the ERCS Office Jigjiga.