SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia
Sponsorship Officer – Gode, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
Deadline May 30, 2021
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since beginning it’s operation, the organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project Sponsorship Officer who will work closely with sponsored children to collect relevant data, information, and support the organization in updating sponsors in the development of the child with the aim of attracting and retaining sponsors.
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Project Sponsorship Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
- Collecting and compiling data of sponsored children
- Updating data recordings quarterly to National Office Sponsorship Department and store information accordingly for future reference
- Preparing bi-annual reports on all sponsored children
- Taking proper pictures of children and or facility when needed
- Receiving letters and gifts of sponsors from the National Sponsorship Department and distributing to the addressed children.
- Following up on the status of children, whenever there is a change (change of location, dismissal from school or village, health problem) and provides the necessary update to National Sponsorship Department.
- As part of the child admission team, fill the child admission form properly and forward to National Sponsorship Office for approval along with pictures.
- Identifying departing children and preparing departure notice to National Sponsorship Department.
- Maintaining confidentiality and security in respect to records such as children biography, sponsors data and other sensitive information.
- Handling visiting sponsors and forwarding filled out visit form
- Performs other related and complementary activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA degree in English Language and Literature, Journalism and Communication and other related social science fields.
- 0 to 2 year of work experience.
- High level of English proficiency
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to carefully summarize and compose documents
- Ability to process large quantity of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Speaking the local Language
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge…….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people”
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs