Bachelor’s degree in Surveying Technology, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a relevant discipline or an Advanced Diploma in Surveying Technology, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a relevant discipline. A registered or licensed surveyor with a recognized institution..
Minimum of 6 years of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Civil experience.
Minimum of 6 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Fluency in English is essential.
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Somalia Urban Resilience Project II (SURP II) is a municipal governance & infrastructure development project financed by the WB & its partners, aimed at improving access to urban infrastructure & strengthening municipal governance in Somalia. The Govt. of Somalia, through the Benadir Regional Administration (Mogadishu) representing all 4 municipalities of Mogadishu, Kismayo, Garowe & Baidoa has selected our client to provide the consulting services for the urban transport infrastructure works to be executed by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the respective municipalities under SURP II. The works involve construction of urban roads to bitumen standards, construction of associated drainage works including bridges & installation of streetlights, by the contractors engaged by the respective PIU. The scope of our clients engagement is to provide technical assistance to the PIUs in the works implementation & contracts managements in the areas of design review, technical supervision, performance monitoring, quality control etc., as well as contributing to PIUs capacity buildings.
The Surveyor will be assigned to 1 of the 4 cities & will report to the Resident Engineer. S / He will be responsible for all surveying tasks related to the SURP II works implementation of the assigned city & reporting to the Resident Engineer. The Surveyor’s specific tasks will include:
Checking the accuracy of established control points & measures to ensure acceptable level of accuracy is maintained throughout the project.
Check & verify works undertaken by the contractor to ensure works implementation are as per the design drawings & specifications.
Carry out topographic surveys of roads & generation of digital elevation models, maps & drawings from the survey data as directed by the Resident Engineer.
Carrying out field measurements in support of maintaining works progress records, preparation of work quantities for the bill payments & management of variation claims etc.
Preparation of survey reports & any other relevant documents as may be required / directed by the Resident Engineer.
Generation of outputs on GIS platforms for use by the project team & other stakeholders. The Surveyor will also be required to interpret any survey data, maps & GIS outputs received from stakeholders.
Ensure the accuracy of the survey equipment through testing & calibration and be the custodian of survey equipment & tools availed to him / her.
Management of all survey records generated by the project with the responsibility for the final hand over to the client.
On the job training of the counterpart staff provided by PIU on engineering surveying tasks.
The Surveyor will report to the Resident Engineer.
– Minimum BSc in Surveying Technology, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a relevant discipline or an Advanced Diploma in Surveying Technology, Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or a relevant discipline.
– A registered or licensed surveyor with a recognized institution.Experience:
– Minimum 6 years of experience in topographic surveying works for those with a BSc Degree or 8 years of experience for those with an Advanced Diploma.
– Experience in undertaking surveying of at least 1 infrastructure projects within the last 3 years, with a similar level of duties & responsibilities expected to be performed under this position TOR.
– Proficient in using latest surveying equipment such as geodetic / real time kinetic GPS, total station, automatic level & ability to upload / download data & generate topographic maps & contours.
– Demonstrated experience in data handling on GIS platforms as well as dealing with satellite imagery information.
– Proficient in engineering, survey & GIS software such Autodesk – AutoCAD & Civil 3D, ArcGIS (or other similar software).Geographical experience:
– Somalia / East Africa is desirable.
– Fluency if written & spoken English is required.
The selected candidate will be responsibility for handling the survey team – mainly labor management.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Candidates interested in applying for this role, MUST upload a copy of their latest resume on their online profiles.