SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary EPI Nurses (4 Positions) – Baidoa, Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia current works in three regions; Banadir Regions (Heliwa, Wadajir, Dharkenley and Dayninle districts) southwest-state (Baidoa and Hudur) Hirshabelle State (Jowhar & Balcad).
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary EPI Nurses (4 Positions)
The EPI nurse is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients. The EPI Nurse will closely work with and report directly with the doctor in charge. He/She will also work with all SOS Children’s Village Hospital departments
Direct Supervisor: Head of Facility
Key Area of responsibility:
- Responsible for supervision of Immunization clinics and vaccine administration.
- Responsible for screening and administering vaccine at immunization clinics as well as computer system operation
- Receiving vaccines from MCH coordinator, proper storage and handling of vaccines.
- Monitor amount of vaccine on hand and ordering if necessary.
- Check temperatures of cooler and refrigerator every AM and PM and maintain logs.
- Complete and maintain monthly and yearly appointment calendar
- Handle and dispose of bio-hazard sharp containers.
- Keep supply containers clean and supplied.
- Ensure supplies are ordered as needed, on a monthly basis.
- Scheduling dates and times to immunize according to State and CDC guidelines.
- Maintenance of client appointment book, assisting clients with making appointments and updating client records as needed.
- Maintain current provider enrollment list and information.
- Contact physicians for immunizations updates.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly EPI reports.
- To undertake any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor / Diploma health related field
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician, particularly for hospital pharmacy technicians.
- At least 2 -3 years’ work experience in clinical pharmaceutical management
- knowledge of sterile product preparation
- knowledge of drug regulations
- knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- knowledge of generic and trade names of commonly prescribed medications
- experience with administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Knowledge on online stock management system
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to manage and work with teams
- Proficiency in computer (Ms Word, internet, office, excel, power point)
- Report writing skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 31st May, 2021
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org