SOS Children's Villages International
Temporary Nurse (1), Hudur, Somalia
Position title : Temporary Nurse (1)
Reporting to : Doctor in charge
Location : Hudur
The Nurse will have close communication with the Nurses and the beneficiaries dealing with the day to day health related activities with the help of the public health nurses and community health workers. Will daily, weekly and monthly participate in the reporting processes using the standard template of the hiring organization and the donor. In addition to that, this position will primarily cover the facility based needs and as well as the outreach programs if need be with the help and guidance of his/her supervisor.
- Provides comprehensive primary health care services to beneficiaries in SOS health centers.
- Diagnosis, treats and counsels patients and/or caregivers who visit the static and mobile health facilities.
- monitor and report symptoms and changes in patient status
- Advise patients on health maintenance and preventative medicine.
- provide educational, emotional and psychological support to patients and family members
- Participates activities to promoting a good healthy and hygienic environment in the catchment area to prevent the potential health hazards in the community.
- Takes part the day to day facility and community based health and hygiene education sessions to enable the community members understanding the importance of preventive health, home care, and clinical programs including.
- Plan, organize and/or participate the outreach mobile clinics in serving the hard to reach communities in the IDP camps and host communities.
- Cares patients particularly children and women with respect in times they may need the “triage, methodology ensuring that none patients suffers or/and dies while waiting for service provision.
- Make sure that all patients avail from a protection main streaming
- maintain a safe and clean working environment in compliance with healthcare procedures and regulations
Any other duties that s/he is assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates should have community health nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same position.
- Proven experience and understanding of treatment of common illnesses, patient care
- Strong knowledge on child rights and child protection
- Good knowledge of standards and Somalia treatment guidelines.
- Communication skills
Child Safeguarding Policy:
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates’ value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes. SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org Indicating with the subject line of the position.
Closing date is. 14th Feb 2024.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with this position. It is updated annually in the course of performance appraisal. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and involvement in processes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com