SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary OTP Nurse (2 Positions) – Mogadishu-(1-Kahda and 1-Heliwa District), Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary OTP Nurse (2 Positions)
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Mogadishu-(1-Kahda and 1-Heliwa District)
The OTP nurses will perform day-to-day work of treatment of children with SAM /MAM at the sites and provide the treatment/refer cases that need a referral to health facilities. The OTP nurse is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient, and effective service to patients.
Key Area of responsibilities:
- Detection of severe acute malnutrition in the community and provision of treatment for those without medical complications with ready-to-use therapeutic foods or other nutrient-dense foods at home.
- Record properly all screening results and write daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- To prevent and trace defaulter, s/he will check any absence from TSFP/MCHN and OTP attendance to help CNWs and other nutrition team members in investigating and acting on causes of default and non-response or an increase in deaths.
- Provide nutritional and medical care with individual counselling on proper nutrition techniques, offering practical advice and education to mothers on the key issues of Infant and Young child feeding practices including the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for the initial 6 months of the children.
- Assist the Nutrition team in general and in particular the Supervisor in planning for monthly mobile outreach to the community in Heliwa district / Banadir region as a whole.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and childbirth, and develop health improvement programs
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including dietary intake, general health improvement and physical activity for reporting.
- Record and report to the nutrition supervisor any symptoms and changes in the patients’ conditions for decission making.
- Finally, s/he provides daily, weekly and monthly statistics report to the nutrition supervisor and/or any one in a position of acquiring that data, making sure that data of the donors, sponsors, SOS CV beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nurse, Nutrition or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of SC, or had worked with Nutrition Partner for nutrition Projects.
- Previous experience in NGOs/Donor funded programs is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of child rights and child protection.
- Able to pay attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
- Proactive, result-oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Sound knowledge of nutrition programming through either education or relevant work experience in nutrition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Excellent understanding of the local context and able to maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Strong communication skill both writing and verbal
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email email@example.com
Indicating with the subject line of the position.
The closing date is 5th May, 2021.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org