SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary SC Nurse (4 Positions) – Mogadishu – Heliwa
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary SC Nurse (4 Positions)
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
The Temporary Stabilisation Center (SC) Nurse will be responsible for the nutrition rehabilitation among admitted cases through treatment of clinical complications of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counseling. The Temporary SC nurse is expected to ensure high standard quality services through capacity building and technical support to the SC nutrition assistants in the management of the complications associated with SAM in line with the SC national and international protocols as well as promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient, and effective service to patients.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Working closely with SC in charge and nutrition supervisor, ensure all SC protocols are understood by all SC staff and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the OTP.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and documented, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks, checking Vitals, frequent medicines and feed administration and treatment according to the protocols.
- Supervise the SC assistants to ensure timely therapeutic preparation, provision and monitoring.
- Ensure that the patient files and regularly updated and completed to ensure a proper track of patient progress.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and therapeutic feed supply and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Follow-up and provide feedback to the SC in charge on the amount and quality of the treatment supplies if it does not comply with specified quality standards.
- Report on progress and any problems in a timely manner
- Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria return home or are referred to the appropriate program as early as possible and counsel the family why their child is not admitted.
- Compile the statistical data (admission, default, cured, absence, death) and draft a report on activities
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nurse, Nutrition or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of SC, or had worked with Nutrition Partner for nutrition Projects.
- Previous experience in NGOs/Donor funded programs is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of child rights and child protection.
- Able to pay attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
- Proactive, result-oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Sound knowledge of nutrition programming through either education or relevant work experience in nutrition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Excellent understanding of the local context and able to maintain good working relationships with team members.
- Strong communication skill both writing and verbal
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email: email@example.com
The closing date is 5th May 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org