SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Temporary Screeners (2 Positions) -Mogadishu (1-Kahda and 1-Heliwa), Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Screeners (2 Positions)
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Location: Mogadishu (1-Kahda and 1-Heliwa)
The Screener will be responsible for screening children and pregnant and lactating mothers in Heliwa and Kahda sites by taking their anthropometric measures, and identify children and pregnant and lactating mothers who are eligible for the program- they will take MUAC, weight, height following correct procedure as per the guideline. The Screener is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Conducting anthropometric measurements, MUAC, height, and weight sending cases to appropriate program.
- Reception of beneficiaries (mothers and children) at both fixed and mobile OTP sites.
- Record screening data accurately in the beneficiary card and beneficiary register.
- Preparing daily and weekly screening reports.
- Carry our registration of the patient or the person accompanying him the treatment card, a food ration, and an appointment for the follow-up.
- Record in the screening book all beneficiaries screened, and refer them to the appropriate structure using a referral ticket.
- To carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Nutrition training certificate or related field and Secondary certificate
- Minimum 2 years of progressive professional experience in doing of OTP screening, or had worked with Nutrition Partner for nutrition Projects
- Excellent command of Somali and English languages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ward management skills
- Proactive, result-oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Previous experience in NGOs/Donor funded programs is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of nutrition programming through either education or relevant work experience in nutrition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email: email@example.com
The closing date is 5th May 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org