SOS Children's Villages International
Ultrasound Nurse – Heliwa-Mogadishu, Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Position title : Ultrasound Nurse
Reporting to : Matroon
Location : Heliwa-Mogadishu
The Ultrasound Nurse handles imaging equipment and is required to capture images of organs, bone, and tissue for patient diagnosis. Effective communication and instructions to the patient is required to ensure accurate and clear images are captured. Work under regulations outlined by Radiographers Protection Board.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Position patients on examining tables and provide adequate protection based on already existing safety standards.
- Conduct scan tests and write reports based on the results.
- Perform calibration and adjustment of ultrasound devices in an appropriate manner
- Performing ultrasound examinations
- Keep record of images captured during ultrasound process
- Communicate effectively with patients during ultrasound processes
- Provision of efficient and timely ultrasound imaging services within the laid down standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Safeguarding all confidential information concerning patients and their treatment
- Effective use of picture archiving & radiological information systems
- Upholding professional code of conduct and statutory regulations especially on radiation safety
- Producing reports for ultrasounds performed
- Performing routine and special examinations
- Undertake training for students and other staff assigned
- Perform general/routine maintenance of ultrasound machines
- Documenting and reporting of faults to the respective authorities
- Infection control – ensure proper waste segregation and disposal to avoid risk of cross transfer of microorganisms to patient and staff.
- Must display a high level of flexibility in the process of carrying out duties. This may entail filling in for other colleagues in the face of tight schedules
- Manage several patients and priorities and be able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a clear understanding of how to handle ultrasound and equipment
- Pursue professional development for the continual improvement of patient care
- Challenge and report behavior which breaches the Child protection policy
- Higher Diploma in Ultrasonography
- Registered with the Society of Radiography in Somalia or any other relevant professional body
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same field
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Experience in a busy Radiology Department.
- Proven skills in emergency radiology
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Valid registration
- Well-developed IT skills
- Maintaining strict confidentiality
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organization and decision-making skills;
- Adaptability and good time management skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Confidence in dealing with stressful situations;
- Attention to detail; present ability, professionalism
- Confidence in using leading-edge technologies;
- A high level of emotional intelligence to manage the emotional and distressing situations that may be encountered
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes. SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 11th October, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com