BARAKA TAKAFUL INSURANCE Ltd
Underwriting Manager – Mogadishu Somalia
|Job Profile; Underwriting Manager based in Mogadishu Somalia.|
|Reporting to: Executive Director
|Staff reporting to role; 2
BARAKA TAKAFUL INSURANCE Ltd was founded as limited company in 2018. Our company provides cooperative insurance which complies with Islamic Shariah laws on the bases of a Wakalah (agency) also known as wage. The company operates on the principles of mutual protection, co-operative risk and profit sharing.
Baraka Takaful provides an extensive range of protection plans to suit your diverse needs. From medical, motor takaful and home coverages to commercial cover, employee benefits and many more. Our products and services be it for individuals or businesses assure the best quality of care and security that you need.
|Job description;· To oversee a team of underwriters , assigning them with cases to assess and underwrite, and responsible for driving underwriting profit and support business.
· To plan , formulate and execute the necessary underwriting strategy to support the Commercial Channels & Department Strategy in deliverables of the objectives.
· Assign cases to team to assess and underwrite ; oversees the issuance of the policy in accordance to the underwriting guidelines and agreed SLA.
· Manages the proposal conversion to policy within a stipulated timeframe & proposal suspense are managed according to the
· internal procedures.
· Perform quality control audits and prepare monthly reporting.
· To ensure that all operational activities are continuously reviewed and are in compliance with regulatory guidelines and improvement of processes and systems are put in place to maximise operational efficiency.
· To mentor and guide staff to ensure they deliver the brand promise and culture while achieving self development.
· Accountable for the success of projects associated with Company direction.
|· Degree in medical related field (preferably Bio Medical/ Bio Science/ Medicine).
· Minimum 6years experience in Life Underwriting with strong acumen on -underwriting risk assessment and new business management.
· Professional insurance ( LOMA, MII, CII).
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong Technical skill in underwriting assessment.
· Good Collaboration & Capable of resolving escalated issue promptly.
· Analytical with good attention to details.
· Good ability to multi tasked
|How to apply;
Qualified candidates with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 25h April, 2021 with the subject line “Underwriting Manager– Mogadishu ”.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.