Federal Government of Somalia, through the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA)
UNIFIED SOCIAL REGISTRY (USR) COORDINATOR – Mogadishu, Somalia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP)
PROJECT ID: P171346
Assignment Title: UNIFIED SOCIAL REGISTRY (USR) COORDINATOR
Reference No.: SO-MOLSA-214939-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu, Somalia
The Federal Government of Somalia, through the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) is seeking a project coordinator to help operationalize and manage the Unified Social Registry and ensure its functionality as per the defined objective and purpose. The USR Coordinator will be expected to oversee and guide in the operationalization of the registry at both levels of government and ensure that it meets and serves the intended purpose and country vision.
The Unified Social Registry (USR) aims to establish a data repository of poor and vulnerable households. The USR is meant to collect socio-economic data of households, manage information (addition, editing, update) and provide a platform for dynamic data sharing for potential participating stakeholders to access the information of their needs for their targeting.
The USR will provide a gateway for individuals and households to be considered for inclusion in various social programmes and serve to bring efficiency and transparency in the system through better coordination and the reduction of administrative costs. The USR will be used to select potential beneficiaries and plan new interventions, aiming to mainstream programs to the most vulnerable by effectively offering coordinated bundles of transfers and services.
The USR design and development is financed under component 2 of the World Bank financed Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP). The relevant component aims to institute a unified social registry as a critical building block for a coordinated, inclusive and shock-responsive social protection system The USR will be managed by MoLSA as an independent “unit” reporting directly to the Minister.
An international consultancy firm has been contracted under the SNHCP to support MOLSA in the design and establishment of the USR. The firm will be responsible to (i) design the USR data repository which will cover the main functions including data collection, storage, updating of the data and integration of information; (ii) procedures and protocols on data exchange and data privacy and security, and (iii) the requirement and specification of the IT architecture and the USR platform software to support the management of the registry. The USR system is being developed in consultation with relevant government stakeholders at the federal and member state levels, as well as key development and humanitarian partners and donors.
2. Responsibilities of the assignment
The overall responsibilities of Unified Social Registry (Usr) Coordinator are (i) Managing the development, operations, and maintenance of USR system in support of social protection, including the coordination of the computerization of other social protection programs, infrastructure, and administrative systems of other MoLSA departments and other institutional stakeholders, (ii) Ensuring implementation of and compliance with established rules and procedures for efficient information management, use, and data sharing, including the introduction of data management standards. Maintaining coding systems for social protection and specific standards for instance data exchange and security, (iii) Providing quality control over the collection, processing, and use of data of USR data, (iv) Cooperating humanitarian agencies on the use of USR data for social protection, (v) Carry out other activities detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.molsa.gov.so.
3. Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Masters or equivalent degree in a relevant field/discipline of social science, economics, organizational behavior, development studies, engineers or IT specialist;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience with Social/Unified registries, or program MISs;
- Significant practical experience and understanding of both the policy and the operational aspects related to Unified Social Registries;
- Experience in advising senior Government officials in the area of social safety nets/social protection;
- Strong spoken and written communications skills, including the ability to speak and write persuasively and present ideas clearly and concisely ;
4. Duration: The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget.
5. The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs now invites eligible Individual to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
8. Mode of submission of Applications and deadline: Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by February 25, 2021 12.00 mid night (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as – Application for Unified Social Registry (Usr) Coordinator for Baxnaano Project.
Att. Project Manager
Social Protection Department,
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Federal Government of Somalia