MSF – SOMALILAND
WATER AND SANITATION SUPERVISOR – Hargeisa, Somaliland
|JOB Vacancy Announcement
MSF – SOMALILAND
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and demands full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Since January 2019, MSF is supporting the National Tuberculosis Program in Somaliland and started to work in Hargeisa TB Hospital, specifically in the Drug Resistance Tuberculosis centre and supporting 3 Regional Hospitals in Tuberculosis.
The aim is to reduce the morbidity, mortality and burden of TB and more specifically MDR-TB with below objectives:
o To improve the quality of DR-TB diagnosis in MSF supported facilities (Hargeisa DR-TB hospital and Regional TB centres (Borama, Berbera and Burco)
o To improve Infection Prevention and Control in Hargeisa TB hospital and the Regional TB centres supported by MSF (Borama, Berbera and Burco)
o To improve MDR-TB patient care and treatment Outcomes of Hargeisa MDR-TB centre cohort
o To increase DR-TB case finding using different models to increase access to TB screening and diagnosis
For DR-TB project in Somaliland, MSF is looking for:
WATER AND SANITATION SUPERVISOR
Workplace : Hargeisa & Regions
Type of contract : Open Ended Contract
Start date :
Main purpose of the position
Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Hospital staff/Waste Zone officers to guarantee the operation quality of the project
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded and check monthly consumptions, etc.)
- Supporting the Watsan manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
- Follow up Waste management activities such as Waste zone construction
- Training medical staffs, cleaners, waste zone officers on waste segregation and management in Hargeisa and regions where MSF is supporting Health facilities
- Follow up on Infection Prevention and Control in Health facilities
- Implementation of SoP provided by the Watsan manager
|Education||Technical diploma, desirable specialization in Water and Sanitation|
|Desirable||Previous experience in technical works and organizing pf multiple activities, similar work environment|
|Languages||English and Somali essential|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioral Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Stress Management
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Applications are to be sent online only on the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of application: 3d July 2021.
Please precise on the Subject of the application “Water and Sanitation Supervisor” and your name.
Joint to your email:
- Cover letter in English
- Updated CV in English
- Copies of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- ID copy
The selected candidates after screening will be called for a written test in English.
Then, the successful candidates from the written test will be called for interview in English.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com