Galmudug State of Somalia – MoIFR
Young Graduate – Local governance – Dhusamareb – Galmudug, Somalia
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF GALMUDUG STATE OF SOMALIA
|I. General Information|
II. Organizational Context
|The Ministry of Interior of Galmudug State of Somalia is responsible for the local government’s portfolio, including the district council formation, establishing systems for local governance, structures and to strengthen their capacity with a view to promoting democratic and accountable local governance and provision of better basic service delivery for stability and enhanced peace. The Ministry of Interior of Galmudug State is currently in the process of forming district councils for GS districts in line with FGoS Wadajir National Framework for Local Governance. Therefore, the Ministry of Interior and Local governance (MOI LG) of Galmudug state of Somalia, wishes to recruit a young graduate to support the work of the Department of Local Government (DOLG). This support will enable the ministry to make its contribution towards the achievement of the local government department’s mandates.
To enhance, the MOI human resource capacity and the need to support the national technical consultants, JPLG through MOI will support the Young graduate as a filing gap as a learning by doing to the department until it is absorbed by the Ministry as it is own staff. During the assigned period the YG will undertake varied tasks in delivering the Ministry’s mandate to deliver its commitments for decentralizations.
In this regard, the Young graduates (for local governance) will help providing positive social change in theatrical enrich through learning by doing at various levels of MOILG departments, while MOILG building capacity of the emerging districts councils and administrations.
The objective of this Young Graduate Internship is to provide work to the newly Somali universities graduates in the various fields of administration, public administration, finance and among others. This will contribute to create of skilled work force in the Ministry of Interior and Local Government (MOILG) to deliver its mandates.
II. Purpose of the Young Graduate Internship:
The Young Graduate Internship programme is aimed at providing Somali graduates with temporary/short term work experience that will make them stronger candidates for the job seeking in public and private sectors. It is common knowledge that large number of the unemployment youth GS are graduates who have no work experience and are most of the times not shortlisted in their job application because employers prefer experienced persons.
· The Young Graduate is expected to support/assist the MOILG and attached consultant of the Local Government Department Director and entire Ministry of Interior in the day today activities in the following but not limited to:
· Supporting in organizing consultative workshops, dialogues forums and other related preparations.
· Assist in the Administration in the implementation of the activities of the Department of Local Government and strategic plans of the MOI-LG.
· Provide day to day supports to the Local Government Department and MOI in the preparing meeting and taking notes during meetings.
· Participate any assessment and surveys relating LGs.
· Support in the preparation of various documentations and assist reports
· Assist in the collection of informations as directed by LG Director/DG.
· Support in the Ministry of Interior and Local Government of public consultations, field trips and other missions.
· Support the establishment of local governments (councils and administrations) in Galmudug districts.
· Assisting Districts and MOILG Conferences that will facilitate the selection of district councils.
· Assisting the media campaigns on raising awareness about the decentralization process.
· Assisting the decentralization workshops and coordination workshops. And other relating activities.
|V. Require skills and competency:|
|· Mus be university graduate· Must be university graduate of Somalia and overseas universities.
· Proficiency in Somali and English is required
· Computer literate in standard Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power point, Excess and Data base creation)
· Demonstrated strong/keen interest in the work of the Local Government (LG)
· Demonstrated the ability effectively interact individual of various backgrounds and willingness to try and understand and be tolerant differ views and opinions.
VI. Gender Mainstream:
Ministry of Interior and Local Government is an equal opportunity employer and women young graduates are encouraged to apply.
VII. Location of the Work:
The Young Graduate will work in the Local Government Offices in Dhusamareb where sometimes may travel to the field and other missions.